Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Colonialist Occupier's Purim

Greetings Readers. You've seen me over at that right wing rag, Dovbear, so I decided to post here (since DovBear didn't grant me "guest posting" rights.

Around the time of Purim, one of my least favorite Jewish holidays, it has come to my attention of an IDF "question and answer" booklet of the laws pertaining to Purim within the scope of the IDF.

http://shiurim.btya.org/IDF_Shoot.pdf

Nothing could disgust me more.

What could be worse than the modern Israeli army adopting the role of the destroyer of the Palestinian Amalek, throwing missiles indiscriminately at innocent Arab kids playing soccer, and then gloating about it afterwards?

Sadly, I wasn't disappointed. The Purim booklet is so aptly named, "IDF_Shoot.pdf" -- when the IDF has the gall to name their booklet as "shoot", we all know exactly what they mean, who are they targeting, and what the reaction will be of your average Likudnik/Kachnik/Chardalnik will be when he hears that IDF tank shells landed on a Palestinian hospital in a refugee camp in Gaza. The words "ליהודים הייתה אורה ושמחה" will intermingle with more songs of revenge and glee as Palestinian children are shot at by IDF soldiers.

Not even needing to open the booklet, I can only assume it contains such wonderful questions
as:

How many Palestinian children do I need to kill to be "yotzeh" the mitzva of eradicating amalek?

Can I be yotzeh if the missile only accidentally hit the target (of the soccer field)?

If I play the megilla from the mosque loudspeaker in the village I'm doing milluim, will I still be yotzeh megilla reading?

Can I still be yotzeh the mitzva of getting drunk on Purim even if the wine isn't made from Palestinian baby blood?

A Sad Purim to us all,

Tyrone

"Saying Kel Molay's since the Nakba of '48"

4 comments:

Rafi G. said...

you come to my blog, you use my material, you call me names and curses, and then you don't even bother to link to me and give me credit?
you are a good example of proper behavior

Unknown said...

not sure why I am bothering, but this made me laugh. You are an idiot. If you want to be cute and attack, at least get it right.

"shoot" in hebrew is a shortening of the words "shailos v'teshuvos" which means questions and answers. in halacha all those types of books are called "shoots". You just wrote it out in english so it looks like a funny play on words.

I am sitting here laughing at just how pathetic you are while trying to present yourself as so self righteous...

oh well, thank god for freedom that he arabs would never allow you to have.

Tyrone said...

fozzyb1: "shoot" in hebrew is a shortening of the words "shailos v'teshuvos" which means questions and answers. in halacha all those types of books are called "shoots". You just wrote it out in english so it looks like a funny play on words.

Hey bud, I didn't write anything out. The document is named "IDF_Shoot.pdf" -- I didn't name it, they did. You don't need to be rocket scientist to know it means. Leave it to a dumb, blind Israel cheerleader like yourself to try and come up with some convoluted apologetics to explain it away.

fozzyb1: I am sitting here laughing at just how pathetic you are while trying to present yourself as so self righteous...

I'm laughing at you, bud. You're the pathetic one, trying to insist with a straight face that "IDF Shoot" isn't about the IDF shooting people. Give me a break.

Rafi G. said...

if you would actually read it, instead of just judging the book literally by its cover, you would see how wrong you are....

the guy who named the file and uploaded it (a friend of mine) named it so as a play on words, as in shaylos and tshuvos and shoot. But it does not talk about shooting arabs at all.